Wednesday, 17 September 2014

York Day Out:













Last Monday I look my long suffering boyfriend to York for the day since I had the day off work and hadn't been to my favourite city in the longest time. I don't normally enjoy the 'tourist' parts of York as i'm normally there to visit family who unfortunately don't live next door to Bettys so it was good to see the sights and appreciate the history. 

As you can see from the pictures we were completely spoilt by the weather; it was sunny, warm but with a gentle breeze to keep us cool. The best thing about York for me is that it's such a compact city; everything you really want to see is squeezed within the City Walls and you can easily spend the day walking around and see all the sights- this means you don't have to spend money on tubes and don't have to be on uncomfortable, sweaty public transport in the lovely weather. 

We visited the shambles (I'm sorry but I really do not understand the appeal of the Shambles. It's one, crammed in, tiny street full of tourists.. what's to love?) the beautiful minister where I think I could happily spend a day just admiring the architect and Clifford Tower which you can read about me conquering here for the first time ever in my life.

 I also included my OOTD which was mostly made up of my amazing, white Zara dress I picked up for a measly £8 in the sale, the ASDA sandals and my mum's River Island leather jacket (naughty) and a H&M snakeskin kimono when the sun got too hot. I seem to be obsessed with monochrome outfits at the moment; they're so chic, easy and stylish. 


What's your favourite city? 



G

No comments:

Post a Comment