Lunch with Amy Childs:
Hey world, long time no post!
I would apologise for my blogging absence but in all honesty, i'm kinda not sorry.. i've really enjoyed living my life not through my camera and laptop and spending some quality time with my loved ones without frantically tweeting and instagramming every cocktail along the way.
However, now i've had my break i'm back to blogging with a vengeance! I think having a break can make you really realise how much you love doing something which is definitely true in this case.
I was invited to Amy Childs' pop up shop in The Oracle on Saturday and very luckily invited to have lunch with Amy before seeing the shop. I jumped at the chance out of pure curiosity, i've always really admired Amy's strong work ethic but didn't really know much about her or clothing range so I knew I had to go along to find out a little bit more.
Myself and four other bloggers met with Amy at BB's in the Oracle who provided us with the gorgeous cupcakes and sandwiches photographed.. my diet went straight out of the window when I saw them, although I was totally defeated by the strawberry cheesecake cupcake! Over our coffee's we talked to Amy and her manager Claire a little more about her clothing range, her beauty must haves (Liz Earle skin care, Smashbox primer and regular facials, fyi) and general life. I was so struck by how normal and friendly Amy is, she immediately asked all our names and put us all at ease. She's also so incredibly passionate about everything she does, Amy's face literally lit up when she was telling us about sourcing materials for her dresses and attending courses for her salon! It made me really warm to her to see that passion for the products she produces - Amy is not just putting her name to things, she is out sourcing them and making sure they're the best they can be and that for me, is a real seller and something I really admire. Amy told us all about her salon (where she will often be found manning reception!), her book that she's just realised and her boutique, who's pop up shop we were there to see. Amy talked in detail about how she works hard to make her dresses not just a run of the mill dress but really special, high quality wardrobe staples. 95% of Amy's clothes are made and produced in England the other 5% is in Europe which is an amazing statistic, testimony to Amy's dedication to ethics and to good clothes! She also told us about her boutique's on-line shop and her beauty salon.. maybe a trip to Essex might be on the cards for me, if it can make me look as glowing as Amy did!
Once we'd enjoyed our drinks and sandwiches, we headed to the pop up shop which was full of people. There was also a really cute pop up tent changing room which looked like a spray tent - amazing! I honestly had to walk around the pop up shop with blinkers on, repeating to myself: 'you don't need any more dresses' because there were so many gorgeous dresses! From the bright blue, mermaid inspired prom dress to a few slinky lace pieces, there was something to suit everyone and every occasion. It's payday for me this week and I might just have to check out Amy's website, there was a lace overlay dress that completely stole my heart! After a quick selfie and a rummage through the rails, I headed home armed with a copy of Amy's book and a can of her new spray tan (complete with a 365 nozzle so you can reach your own back, I told you she was good!) really impressed and enamoured with Amy Childs and her business spirit, she's honestly one of the most hard working, friendly people i've ever met - and also spent the entire 8 hour day taking selfies in 5inch heels, what an icon.
A huge thank you to Amy, Claire and Lauren at Frank for making it such a lovely lunch, I honestly just felt like I was at lunch with friends discussing beauty treatments and fake tan! Also a big thank you to BB's for the food and drinks, i'll definitely be back to enjoy their coffee's and food again, and the staff were so friendly.
All in all, I had a lovely day and can't wait to try Amy's tan - look out for a post coming to the blog soon!